Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nancy Drew The Hidden Staircase Audio Book & DS Game

More driving in the car for work so I was in need of an audio book. I now have a few Nancy Drew Audio books so I decided to start with The Hidden Staircase as I hadn't read the book before.
The book is being read by Laura Linney and you can find them on Amazon etc. By the time I had done all the driving for the day I only had one chapter to go. The book was enjoyable to listen to, it definitely makes a difference having an actress as the reader.
As for the story it had the favourite mystery topic of many children's authors of a haunted house and unwanted, troublesome Ghosts. In this story there was an added twist of a family problem where Nancy's father is in danger. The story was well written, the first chapter is a good read with a strong start.
The Hidden Staircase itself within the mystery could of been a bit more interesting. I thought the Nancy Drew Mystery "The Mystery of The Hidden Window" was a lot more exciting in its tunnels than this book.



On a slightly different note but still talking about The Hidden Staircase The Nancy Drew The Hidden Staircase DS Game I was a little disappointed with after playing the Nancy Drew The deadly secret of Olde World Park which I loved, and is my favourite DS Game I have played so far.
What I didn't like about this game was the fact I was finished in such a short time. The aim of the game is to replay the game and try and quicken your time but who cares how quick you do something? I don't, I want something new to do.
That said the cover of the game has beautiful graphics and sort of reminded me of a Janet Loise Johnson style Nancy (Janet is the actress who played Nancy Drew in the later episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries from 1978 & 1979.)

No comments:

Post a Comment